1. Don’t let people bamboozle you with technical language. Lease plans are easy to understand once you learn how they work. Talk to a company who will explain what has to happen and why – if they can’t explain it on the phone, don’t trust them to do your plan!
2. Try and get recommendations from people who have had successful lease plans drawn in the past.
3. Ask for a guarantee that any amendments that need to be done, will be included in the initial cost. The last thing you want is to spend money on a plan which is wrong, then having to fork-out more to get amendments done.
4. Ask to see examples of previous plans. From these you should be able to gauge the quality of the work you can expect.
5. Know about your property before you get the plans drawn up. It is a good idea to think about the following things so you can inform your leaseplanner before they come: Communal areas, rights of way, private areas, gardens/garages/bin-stores/pathways.
If you want to talk to a leaseplanning professional free of charge for honest advice, give Leaseplanners a call on 0845 544 0871. We won’t bamboozle you and won’t try to sell you something you don’t need!
(CP Creative Ltd)
Forge & Co
I54 – 158 Shoreditch High St
Phone: 0203 637 0150