1. Don’t let people bamboozle you with technical language. Lease plans are easy to understand once you learn how they work. Talk to a company who will explain what has to happen and why - if they can’t explain it on the phone, don’t trust them to do your plan!
2. Try and get recommendations from people who have had successful lease plans drawn in the past.
3. Ask for a guarantee that any amendments that need to be done, will be included in the initial cost. The last thing you want is to spend money on a plan which is wrong, then having to fork-out more to get amendments done.
4. Ask to see examples of previous plans. From these you should be able to gauge the quality of the work you can expect.
5. Know about your property before you get the plans drawn up. It is a good idea to think about the following things so you can inform your leaseplanner before they come: Communal areas, rights of way, private areas, gardens/garages/bin-stores/pathways.
If you want to talk to a leaseplanning professional free of charge for honest advice, give Leaseplanners a call on 0845 544 0871. We won’t bamboozle you and won’t try to sell you something you don’t need!
In our experience as professional leaseplanners, we regularly come across people who have been trying to get their lease drawings sorted out for a long time. Some companies out there will say they do a fast leaseplan service but you may be waiting weeks for any amendments to be done. Communal areas, rights of access and unusually shaped buildings may cause less experienced planners to stumble, make errors and delay.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with an excellent plan first time - and if your solicitor does request amendments, we promise to do them within 24 hours (and usually within minutes!).
If you have any questions about leaseplans, just give a member of our friendly team a call and we’re sure they’ll be able to help.
Hopefully speak to you soon!
Lease plan information - Tel: 0845 544 0871
If you’ve been told by your Solicitor that you need a plan to accompany your lease there are strict guidelines that must be adhered to.
Lease Planners are experts in delivering perfect Lease Plans first time.
Give us a call to ask our advice or discuss your needs on: 0845 544 0871 - we look forward to hearing from you.
The idea is to show the extent of your rights of use over land and property. This is done with a scaled plan with different coloured areas showing rights of way, communal and private areas.
The scaled plan is also shown in the context of the street and surrounding area. The idea being that anyone looking at the plan can understand what is owned and accessed and by whom.
Lease Planners have many years of experience drawing these plans to meet Land Registry requirements.